Aims & Values
Our School Vision
We aspire for every child to be happy, caring, secure and responsible; to develop a lifelong passion and thirst for learning, to enable them to fulfil their potential and be prepared for the challenges of the 21st century.
- We ensure the highest levels of achievement through provision of the highest quality teaching which delivers a broad, balanced and meaningful curriculum.
- We encourage and challenge our children to be active, creative, independent and self-critical learners who are unafraid of making mistakes and who adopt an “I can” attitude in all that they think and do.
- We promote a warm, welcoming environment and school ethos in which the uniqueness of every individual is valued and relationships are based on respect, honesty and trust.
- We make learning vivid, real, enjoyable and challenging and open the doors to ambition and possibilities; striving for and achieving excellence.
- We actively promote strong partnerships between school, home, local and the wider community.
Enjoy and Achieve Together
The 5 Rs for Learning
At Dane Bank Primary School we try to encourage children to develop the 5 Rs for learning. We believe these will help children to become more independent and confident learners.
Being resilient means ‘sticking at it’ when things are really difficult!
A resilient learner:
- Keeps on going… even if it’s tricky!
- Believes in themselves and knows they can do it!
- Tries a different method if the first one doesn’t work.
- Shows a positive attitude!
Being responsible means ‘organising your own learning’!
A responsible learner:
- Always has the materials they need for that lesson.
- Looks after their equipment.
- Plans their work carefully.
- Takes responsibility for their work.
- Asks for help if they need it.
Being resourceful means knowing ‘what to do’ and ‘where to go’ when you get stuck.
A resourceful learner:
- Tries lots of different ways to find an answer.
- Can explain and talk about their learning.
- Takes risks.
- Finds out information independently – including through using ICT.
Being reflective means you can ‘learn from experience’.
A reflective learner:
- Thinks carefully about what they have learnt.
- Asks lots of questions.
- Learns from mistakes.
- Responds to “Fix It” comments and acts on them.
- Considers how to improve their work.
Being ready means you are ‘enthusiastic and excited’ by your learning!
A ready learner:
- Is motivated and enthusiastic.
- Sets their own learning targets.
- Always wants to do their best and show what they know!
- Works well with a partner or in a group.