Friends of Dane Bank School
Who are the Friends of Dane Bank School?
We are a team of parents, carers and grandparents who have children in school and nursery.
What is the aim of the Friends of Dane Bank School?
Our aim is to arrange quality entertainment that is sometimes a little different and will offer the children a unique experience. We also aim to raise a little money to buy additional equipment for the benefit of the children of our school.
Please take a look at our Facebook Page ‘Friends of Dane Bank’.
What events do the Friends of Dane Bank Hold?
- We start the year with a Valentines Disco for the children
- Our incredibly popular family Chocolate Bingo at Easter (an evening out with the children that doesn’t cost the earth and has lots of fun and prizes to be won).
- The main event of the year The Friends of Dane Bank Community Summer Fair where everyone is invited. This year we had our biggest ever event including BBQ, D.J, Fire Engine, Police Cars, Victorian swings, bouncy castles, slides, obstacle course, Alpacas, archery, and a surf simulator, this was together with our traditional games such as hook a duck, coconut shy, tin can ally and tombola to name but a few.
- Next, we have the children’s Halloween Disco
- Followed by our traditional Christmas Fair
We are always considering new events and how to improve our existing ones.
What else do the Friends of Dane Bank do?
- We organise school non-uniform days
- Bucket collection/tombola in supermarkets
- Apply for funding from local and national companies
- Rally national and local business for prizes to be used at our events
Our new team established in April 2015, formed a committee and became an officially constituted group with a bank account.
Since forming we have secured and given away thousands of pounds worth of prizes including tickets to Gulliver’s world, Legoland, Sealife, Daytona Racetrack, Blackpool Pleasure Beach and Sandcastle Water Park, East Lancs Railway, Southport Flower Show and Pleasure Land, Reddish Vale Farm, Stockport Air Raid Shelters and Hat Museum and meals at local restaurants to name just a few.
Our team secured funding of £1000 toward the cost of running our community summer fair 2016 from Stockport Homes
We always make sure our events are affordable
We have already, or are about to supply the school with the following from some of the funds we have raised since April 2015:
- 16 Samsung Galaxy Tablets (Technology to be used in the classroom and around school)
- Brand new school football kit
- A mud kitchen for outdoor play
- Appropriate overalls for use with the mud kitchen
- 30 hi-visibility vests to be used by nursery and reception on school trips
- Wet play time boxes comprising of toys and games for every class
- A free disco with professional local D.J and snacks for the year six leavers
- Mugs in presentation cases with the school logo on as a keepsake for the Year 6 leavers
Please join us we still need lots of help
There are lots of ways you could help us. Can you do any of the following?
- Share your ideas on our facebook group chat
- Call in at our meetings (They last about 30mins. Bring the children, we provide DVDs and colouring books)
- Help fill in funding forms
- Run a stall at our fairs/Help set up
- Make a game for the summer fair
- Collect shopping
- Research new ideas
- Lots and lots of other roles
Nobody can do everything but everybody can do something!