Our school vision statement is:
“Dream it. Believe it. Achieve it. Together, it is possible…”
The achievement refers to attainment in academic, physical, social and emotional development, including children’s well-being. It is essential that school and home work together to develop all of these aspects of your child’s education.
School will provide high quality teaching and assessment, a broad and balanced curriculum and a stimulating, well resourced and well structured, caring and safe environment within which your children can thrive and achieve. We hope that you will support your children by ensuring that they complete their homework, go to bed at a reasonable time, have breakfast before they come to school and that you attend Parents’ Evenings and any other parent meetings when necessary and also support the social and fund raising events that our Friends of Dane Bank Association organise.
We believe that if children enjoy their education they will achieve more and so we will ensure that there is a wide range of enjoyable and interesting activities with which your children can engage.
Our school values are:
- RESPECT: We respect ourselves, one another and our environment.
- RESPONSIBILITY: We take responsibility for ourselves, one another and our learning.
- RESILIENCE: We embrace challenge and recognise that through our mistakes, true learning happens.
- KINDNESS: We show kindness to all that we meet, in the way that we treat people, in our class, school locally and globally.
- EMPATHY: We consider how our actions affect others and the world we live in.
- FAIRNESS: We treat people equally and without discrimination – we give everybody a fair chance.