Aims & Values
Our School Vision
We aspire for every child to be happy, caring, secure and responsible; to develop a lifelong passion and thirst for learning, to enable them to fulfil their potential and be prepared for the challenges of the 21st century.
- We ensure the highest levels of achievement through provision of the highest quality teaching which delivers a broad, balanced and meaningful curriculum.
- We encourage and challenge our children to be active, creative, independent and self-critical learners who are unafraid of making mistakes and who adopt an “I can” attitude in all that they think and do.
- We promote a warm, welcoming environment and school ethos in which the uniqueness of every individual is valued and relationships are based on respect, honesty and trust.
- We make learning vivid, real, enjoyable and challenging and open the doors to ambition and possibilities; striving for and achieving excellence.
- We actively promote strong partnerships between school, home, local and the wider community.
Enjoy and Achieve Together
At Dane Bank we have 6 core skills for good learning. Each half term we focus on a different skill and this runs right across the school.
Our 6 Learning Skills are:
* RESILIENT WORKER (Autumn 1)
* TEAM PLAYER (Autumn 2)
* CURIOUS QUESTIONER (Spring 1)
* PROBLEM SOLVER (Spring 2)
* CLEAR COMMUNICATOR (Summer 1)
* REFLECTIVE LEARNER (Summer 2)